SCHOMBERG COMMUNITY HALL RENOVATIONS
Save the Date!
Did you know that we recently completed renovations in the historic Schomberg Community Hall? Join us at our Open House to check see the recent updates and see our fully accessible and energy efficient rentable spaces within the Hall. Drop in anytime between 5:00p.m. and 7:00p.m.berg Community Hall? The Township will start accepting booking requests as of January 2, 2023 please email email@example.com.
Now Accepting Bookings Requests
The renovation of the Schomberg Community Hall at 325 Main St. in Schomberg has successfully achieved substantial completion and was granted Occupancy on December 2nd, 2022, creating an energy-efficient, environmentally conscious and fully accessible space designed to meet current AODA standards.
While enduring the challenging working conditions due to the age of the building, staff continued to deal with unique challenges that required the attention of the contractor, consultant, and Township staff to actively collaborate and find effective solutions to any problem faced.
Interested in hosting your event at the Schomberg Community Hall? The Township will start accepting booking requests as of January 2, 2023 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expected Timelines / Milestones
- Substantial Completion achieved; Contractor publication pending and is expected shortly
- Consultant general performance letters were received which led to facility Occupancy granted on December 2nd, 2022
- Anticipated Total completion by Q1 2023
- Future Works/Site Improvements include; Convenience ramp adjacent to washroom corridor (weather pending), and minor deficiency rectification
- The design to convert the building’s hybrid energy system (natural gas and electricity) to solely electric is roughly 95-per-cent complete.
- Demolition is 90-per-cent complete.
- The new slab on grade is 100-per-cent complete for new first-storey floor leveling.
- The structural steel and floor joists are 100-per-cent complete for new second-storey floor leveling.
- The wall framing is 65-per-cent complete and ongoing.