THE COMMUNITY HALL IS UNDER RENOVATION
The Schomberg Main Street Revitalization Strategy was Endorsed by Council on May 13, 2019.
The Schomberg Community Hall was scheduled for a major renovation in 2020/2021. Due to the Township receiving a $100,000 grant to assist with making the building more accessible in later 2019, the project was accelerated and works are underway now.
What Has Happened So Far?
- Community consultation was completed in Fall 2019
- Key feedback received included more functional kitchens, accessibility upgrades and externally accessible washrooms
- Demolition has been completed in the interior of the building
- The second floor will be accessible due to the installation of an elevator
- Project tender and award
- Construction expected to be completed in Spring 2020